First Class 1 day Introductory Course for health professionals
Investment just £139
N.B. Attendance at either SIRPA’s Cure Pain 1 day Practitioner Introductory Course OR an equivalent 1 day course run by Georgie Oldfield MCSP is mandatory for any health professional, therapist or coach who wishes to be considered for SIRPA’s Cure Pain Practitioner courses.
Do any of these statements apply to you?
- You’re frustrated because you’ve tried everything but often clients keep coming back with a recurrence of the same symptom.
- You’re frustrated because you’ve tried everything but some clients keep coming back with new symptoms each time for no apparent reason.
- You’re fed up with only being able to help your clients ‘manage’ their pain.
- You’re looking for the latest evidence and research in the treatment of chronic pain.
- You’re confused because often your clients’ symptoms don’t match their diagnosis.
- You’re bemused why certain clients are in so much pain despite there not being either a clear cause or any initial injury.
- You’re confused because so often you are struggling to find a clear cause for your clients’ symptoms.
- You’ve already read books and studies about this concept and approach and you are wondering if this is the right approach for you.
If just ONE of the above statements resonates
with you, then read on!
The biomedical model focuses on there being a physical cause for chronic pain and therefore because the focus is on treating the symptoms only, the aim is to improve the patient’s management of their pain. The biopsychosocial model has improved on this by recognising that we need to take into account psychosocial aspects of people’s lives. The understanding is that there is still a physical problem, but by helping patients address psychosocial aspects of their lives we can improve their treatment outcome. This is a major step forward and is backed up by evidence demonstrating that emotions such as anger and fear cause a response in the emotional brain which results in an exacerbation of the pain. Therefore by helping people consider their lifestyle as well as how their thoughts and behaviours affect their pain, using therapies such as CBT, they become more self-empowered in being able to modulate their pain levels.
The Cure Pain approach is based on a psychosocial approach which is aimed at pain resolution. This is because the evidence shows that chronic pain is an emotional experience and is driven by the emotional brain and the central nervous system and is part of a maladapted fight or flight, or protective, response. Full recovery is therefore possible once this is recognized and the cause identified and addressed, because the process is reversible due to neuroplasticity and using the ‘software’ of the central nervous system, the mind.
So why are we sharing this with you?
Bewilderment about the anomalies in the statements above was exactly what led to the development of the extensive body of work that is the SIRPA Cure Pain training programme. Our Cure Pain introductory course will provide you with the first step into this pioneering approach from health professionals who have already been where you are.
Our 1 day Cure Pain Practitioner Introduction Course will cover SIRPA’s educational and self-empowering approach designed to support you on your journey into finding out how you might be able to integrate this approach into your own work, as well as potentially learning how to improve your own health and wellbeing. We’ll share pioneering research, teach you practical strategies and give you an opportunity to get involved with the effective techniques that have so far helped thousands of people recover from chronic pain and regain their zest for life.
Why do I need to attend this introductory course?
The books on this subject provide an important first step into understanding the concept and approach that the SIRPA approach is based on. It is however challenging as a health professional to fully integrate this work on your own without the support and guidance of Specialists in this field.
Despite the lack of courses back in 2007, founder of SIRPA Ltd, Physiotherapist Georgie Oldfield MCSP was determined to learn more about this work despite not finding anyone in the UK or Europe who worked in this field. She therefore traveled to the US on a number of occasions, firstly to spend time with the pioneer, Dr John Sarno in 2007 and then with some of the other Specialists in this field. Attending conferences in the US, developing strong links with the other Specialists in this field and being involved in the global peer support group enabled Georgie to develop a specialism in this field herself.
She was then keen to share this concept and approach with others as a way to help spread the word of this often life-changing approach in the UK and Europe via SIRPATM which was set up as the vehicle to do this. SIRPA’s courses were the first courses worldwide in this field aimed at providing training and support to health professionals and coaches interested in integrating this approach within their own work and at much less expense and effort than through Georgie’s learning involved.
The Cure Pain Practitioner Introduction course is the first stage of SIRPA’s new Cure Pain Training Programme and is the first step for health professionals, therapists and coaches new to this concept. This new 1 day course provides an opportunity to gain insights into how you might introduce this work into their own practice before signing up for the full Practitioner course.
This approach is about mindsets, self-empowerment and learning life skills in order to become more resilient and as such the Cure Pain programme is not just about resolving pain but about promoting a healthy lifestyle and then more importantly maintaining health and wellbeing.
N.B. Attendance at either SIRPA’s Cure Pain 1 day Practitioner Introduction Course OR an equivalent 1 day course run by Georgie Oldfield is mandatory for any health professional, therapist or coach who wishes to be considered for SIRPA’s Cure Pain Practitioner courses.
How will I benefit from attending this course?
When you sign up for this 1 day course you are investing in the opportunity to:
- Spend a day with an expert in this pioneering field of pain recovery.
- Learn the evidence base underpinning the concept on which the SIRPA approach is based including the most up to date pain science.
- Learn the different types of manifestations possible, not just musculoskeletal pain.
- Learn the different causes of psychophysiological symptoms/mindbody conditions.
- Learn how to identify the causes of chronic pain and other persistent or recurring symptoms a client might be experiencing.
- Learn the basics of a number of different pain recovery strategies.
- Ask questions and gain clarification on the concept and approach.
- Learn suggestions and recommendations for ongoing learning and personal development.
- Benefit from peer support and networking with like-minded people.
What else will I gain from attending?
- Learn experientially, therefore enabling a deeper understanding if you decide to go on and learn how to use this in your clinical practice.
- Hear from past patients about the life-changing results they experienced through following the SIRPATM programme.
- Gain a good understanding of how our lifestyle can impact health and ‘fuel’ pain.
- Learn strategies to desensitise the pain pathways and develop new healthier nerve pathways.
- Develop your own stress resilience.
- Understand the next steps, if you feel this is a journey you would like to take professionally.
N.B. These courses are intended solely for the general information of the attendees. Courses and course material must neither be used for treatment purposes nor to diagnose health problems and should not take the place of professional medical care.
If you decide to continue and attend the Practitioner course you would learn in more depth the concept, self-empowering strategies and how to support clients through their recovery. You would also learn skills to support clients whom you feel might struggle while dealing with past, possibly traumatic experiences, in a safe and contained way or when to refer on.
Following this introductory course the Practitioner course is the next step in a comprehensive career development path for health professionals interested in this work. After successful completion of the Practitioner course there is also the opportunity to continue onto the Senior Practitioner course and after that to become a trainer yourself.
Currently we have trained people from many backgrounds, including Physiotherapists, Psychotherapists, Doctors and Hypnotherapists who have come from places as far afield as Europe, Tasmania and Los Angeles!
For people in pain we have opportunities to support them through their continuing journeys if required through online programme as well as skype or face to face support from qualified SIRPA practitioners.
Are you ready to join us?
If you are a health professional who is ready to begin your journey into discovering the truth behind curing pain and you want to improve your patient outcomes, then this course is for you!
Your investment for this exciting 1 day Cure Pain Introductory course
is just £139.
Why not check out the details of the dates and venues for our
upcoming courses and book below.
SIRPA is committed to your complete satisfaction with our services. If, for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with our services, we offer a 100% money back guarantee which is available from 30 days after the first day of the course you attend. In the unlikely occasion that this does ever occur we will aim to gain an understanding of your reasons to request your money back, in order to continue to improve our services